February 1, 2008

No. 25

I wanted to go to the city for New Year's Eve. Have a legitimate party with everyone from everywhere. Except it's so darn expensive. I always set out with the most frugal intentions- pack a nice lunch, some snacks, bring my camera and plan a few free galleries for entertainment. But the air never fails to be filled with the most enticing aromas, inviting me into an uncomfortable-priced restaurant where you pay extra for ice in your drink and the sales tax is almost as much as your entree. Honestly, it's like you can feel the pennies dropping out of your pocket, the second hand on my watch ticking away nickels and dimes for every minute I spend simply wandering the streets...

...needless to say I did my champagne toasting from the comfort of my own home and watched the free version of the city via satellite.

No comments: